init does not run on 405GP system

Kabir Ahsan-r9aahw Ahsan.Kabir at freescale.com
Fri Jan 13 09:51:57 EST 2006

Hi
I found this thread on the web. The reason I am writing is that I am
also seeing some problem with my /sbin/init. Can you elaborate on the
solution? You mentioned that "The On Chip Memory was mapped to an
address below 0x8000'0000 - what we didn't know was that this is a
_virtual_ address, because the OCM is not simply located "behind" the
MMU."
What do you mean by OCM? What do you mean by address below 0x80000000?
So you had to redefine your MMU definition to get through this error?
Regard,
Ahsan

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:10:47PM +0200, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Nevertheless, the kernel runs smoothly. I can ping the machine, I can
> even floodping it with 0% packet loss. Only that there is no
userspace> running.

> Has anybody seen something like this before?

It is solved. The On Chip Memory was mapped to an address below
0x8000'0000 - what we didn't know was that this is a _virtual_ address,
because the OCM is not simply located "behind" the MMU. After changing
the mapping it works smoothly now.

Robert
<http://www.pengutronix.de/>
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4