mv643xx_eth.c: Multicast and IPv6 support

Wolfram Joost pegasos at frokaschwei.de
Thu Jan 12 23:29:11 EST 2006

Hello,

currently, the driver mv643xx_eth.c doesn't support receiving of multicast and
sending of IPv6 packets.
I found a piece of code in the u-boot bootloader which supports multicast
receiving and did some cut and paste. Now receiving multicast packets works
for me.
To be able to send IPv6 packets I had to remove the NETIF_F_HW_CSUM flag.
Hardware checksumming for IPv4 should continue to work because of the
NETIF_F_IP_CSUM flag.

I attach a diff against 2.6.15.

Does anyone know how to get documentation for the marvell mv643xx-family?

Regards
 Wolfram