[Openipmi-developer] [patch 1/1] ipmi: add autosensing of ipmi device on powerpc using device-tree

Heiko J Schick info at schihei.de
Tue Dec 12 03:28:35 EST 2006

Hello,

On Dec 11, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> device-type = ipmi
> compatible = ipmi-kcs

If I understood you comments an example OFDT node for IPMI could look
like the following:

name = "ipmi"
device_type = "ipmi"
compatible = "ipmi-kcs"

reg = XXXXXXX8 00000008
reg-spacing = 4
reg-size    = 1
reg-shift   = 0

In this example the Data_In / Data_out sitting at address XXXXXXX8
and Status / Command is sitting at XXXXXXXC. Does this layout look
good to everybody?

Is the "8" of the reg property correct?

I'm still worried what happens when we have a BT or SMIC interface an
the registers sitting at XXXXXXX4, XXXXXXX6, XXXXXXXA. In this case
the reg-spacing property can't be used anymore. Can this happen in
reality?

Regards,
	Heiko