FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 26 07:30:43 EST 2006

In message <1448E56E-1327-40D5-BE44-0DC103AC3E8A at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:

> If we have a u-boot shim there are some questions that need answering:
> * where should the .dts live (hate duplicating the file both in u-
> boot and kernel source tree)

Since U-Boot  does  not  need  nor  use  this  information  for  it's
operation, but the kernel does, it should be part of the kernel.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt