FT u-boot shim

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Apr 26 06:00:05 EST 2006

> So, don't break compatibility if you don't have time/interest to fix
> it. We can wait till someone who "wants to move forward" can do this
> professionally without screwing everybody else.

So, lets turn this discussion into something useful (since having us
going back and forth about our opinions isn't really going anywhere)

If we have a u-boot shim there are some questions that need answering:
* where should the .dts live (hate duplicating the file both in u-
boot and kernel source tree)
* how does build system find .dts
* a Kconfig option to enable shim
* assume done as a boot wrapper of sorts

- kumar