85xx FDT updates?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 26 07:16:39 EST 2006

In message <6F7CAB43-B4C0-47DA-BC7D-3FD04A552131 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:

> If we are talking about a reference board than I think this is an
> absurd requirement.  If you are willing to update your kernel on such
> a board why would you not be willing to update the firmware as well.

For example, because I don't own it and have  to  return  it  in  the
original state.

For example, because U-Boot is in a ROM which cannot  be  written  to
without special tools.

Kumar, please try seeing the world from the eyes of a *user*, not the
developer you and me are.

We should help the users, not make their live harder than necessary.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a
past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with  a
different reality system.