MPC5200 FEC Ethernet only halfduplex ?

Thomas Schnürer TSchnuerer at men.de
Mon Apr 3 20:22:31 EST 2006

Im working with Linux on our MPC5200 Board, with the latest Rev. B3 Processor.
I was updating our Linux BSP from BestComm 2.1 to 2.2 some time ago and used your patches which increased usability of the FEC very much.

There is a line in the driver code which I dont understand, it says:
+ fec_restart(dev, 0); /* always use half duplex mode only */

Why can only half duplex be used ? I made a test with the iperf tool and saw that with the driver in its current state I get 90 Mbit/s in one direction and only 10 kBit/ other way. When changing the fec_restart call to (dev, 1) it turns to 90 Mbit and 250 kBit/s.
Then I changed for couriosity the BestComm task prioritisation and suddenly I get 90 Mbit in both directions.
So whats the reason for this setting above ?

Thanks in advance!