use of phy_connect() in drivers/net/gianfar.c ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 31 02:18:47 EST 2005

Dear Matthew,

in message <1130632707.7470.16.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> As far as I understand there are patches in the -mm tree with contain
> the updates for the Gianfar driver. The issue is due to a

Do you happen to know of a specific (set of) patch(es)? URL?

> synchronization issue with the new PHY abstraction layer that was added.

Yes, obviously. But I am still so naïve to expect that  such  changes
would not make it untested (the code is not even compile clean) to an
official kernel release like 2.6.14 ?

> I know Andy will not be back at his computer until Monday, you can wait
> until then or look for the patch in the -mm tree.

Is there a git repository somewhere for the mm tree?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
(null cookie; hope that's ok)