MV64x60 watchdog timer driver updates

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Sat Oct 1 01:10:52 EST 2005

Mark A. Greer wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:32:21PM -0500, Corey Minyard wrote:
>

>>James looked at an earlier version and said it was ok, and suggested
>>a few changes.  This has been tested against 2.6.14-rc2 on a Katana.
>>
>>Note that the bus_clk value from the platform information seems to
>>be in MHZ, but the actual frequency is generally 133,333,333, not
>>133,000,000.  I don't think the inaccuracy matters here, but it seems
>>a little odd.
>>

>Yes, it makes more sense to me to pass the actual frequency and not do
>the '* 1000000'.

The only trouble is if  you go over 4GHZ...  Maybe it should be in KHZ
instead of MHZ?  or 64-bits?  Or maybe we don't worry about >4GHZ busses?

Also, how would one go about changing this?  Would you need something like:

if (bus_clk < 1000)
  bus_clk *= 1000000

for backwards compatability?

>Also--I should have thought of this earlier--there should probably be a
>patch to add a default platform_data entry in arch/ppc/syslib/mv64x60.c
>and a patch for katana.c if the defaults in mv64x60.c aren't correct
>for the katana.  At least, that's how things are done now.

I'm not sure I understand completely.  How would you go about setting
the platform data?

Thanks,

-Corey