2.6.14 USB vs. sleep issues

Wolfgang Pfeiffer roto at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 05:09:26 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:33:39PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> For those who experience crashes on sleep and/or wakeup (typically due
> to USB) with 2.6.14, I made a test patch that might help. [ ... ]

Ben, I just compiled and installed a 2.6.14.1 from kernel.org with
none of your patches from this thread applied to it, and I have no
sleep/wakeup probs with it so far: about 3 instances of sleep/wakeup
until now, all of them successful.

Maybe I even made it a bit more complicated for the system, as I
connected a USB HUB, with 4 ports, to the machine: It just seems to
work ...

-------------------------------------
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 867MHz
revision        : 0.2 (pvr 8001 0302)
bogomips        : 865.18
machine         : PowerBook3,5
motherboard     : PowerBook3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 80 (PowerBook Titanium IV)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 768MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

HTH

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
Key fingerprint = A8CA 9D8C 54C4 4CC1 0B26  AA3C 9108 FB42 E303 7113