eth0: PHY id 0x00221619 is not supported! HELP

Nghiem, Tien TNghiem at oerlikon.ca
Sat May 14 06:36:43 EST 2005

Hi Colin,

I worked on a project 2 years ago, and the hardware supplier decided to
change the tranceiver twice during the course of the project.  So instead of modifying the mii_phy_table
each time the transeiver was changed, I bypassed the id check.

I did this because I doubt that in the future people are going to be interested in updating software, and delivering a new s/w version when a hardware fix is performed.

It's not clean, but it's easy and convenient.
This is just a suggestion of mine for a quick fix.

Tien