build failure for 2.6.11-mm2

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 11 01:33:12 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 08:06:04AM -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:

> right, but if you look back in the pervious -mm builds that past, they
> also did not have mkImage but still succeeded.
>
> It appear some change is now report the lack of mkImage as a build
> error.  If this is desired behavior, should we maybe look at having a
> copy of its source in the kernel tree?

I think what's happened, but I haven't verified is that Andrew took an
incorrect patch to make 'mkuboot.sh', which invokes mkimage to produce a
uImage, fail if mkimage isn't found.  This isn't right.  The problem the
patch was trying to fix is that mkuboot.sh will say that it made a
uImage, even if mkimage isn't found.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/