mv643xx_eth SA_SHIRQ support patch

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 9 18:40:05 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:39:27PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 08:17 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > vendor-id             0x11AB (4523)
> > device-id             0x6460 (25696)
> > revision-id           0x3 (3)
> > class-code            0x60000 (393216)
> > subsystem-id          0x0 (0)
> > subsystem-vendor-id   0x0 (0)
> > .vendor-name          "Marvell"
> > .part-number          "MV6436x"
> > .description          "System Controller for PowerPC Processors"
> > .class                "Bridge Device"
> > .subclass             "Host/PCI"
> > devsel-speed          0x0 (0)
> > min-grant             0x0 (0)
> > max-latency           0x0 (0)
> > name                  "host"
> > reg                   0:0
> > assigned-addresses
>
> Ok, teach them the interest in having a "model" and "compatible"
> property in them for their next version...

You mean a model in /pci/host, ok, i can add that.

> > In the /pci/host node, i also have :
> >
> > model                 "Pegasos2"
> >
> > In the root node, and in the new OF, we even have a /discovery2/port at 1 or
> > something such, but it is unreleased yet.
>
> Ugh ? What is that supposed to be ?

As opposed to /ethernet/port1 as it is currently.

> If it's an ethernet port, it should be called "ethernet".

In fact, we already did it, it is /discovery2/ethernet at 1, which should make
yaboot happy, i think. Not released though.

> > The thing is not that there is no info, just to chose which info is best.
> >
> > Christoph suggested to not do that though, but use the normal pci stuff and
> > match on the host pci id with pci_dev_present. This is what i was thinking of
> > doing too, and may be more logical, no ?
>
> Yah, if there is no meaningful OF name, then probably.

Well, if there is both, what is the best way to do this ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther