Any Patches for MPC 8270 ?

Bharath G - CTD , Chennai bharathg at hcltech.com
Thu Jan 6 17:16:42 EST 2005

Hi All,
		This is my fist mail to this mailing list. New year
greetings to all on the list.

	I am working on a MPC8270 Based board with a montavista linux
kernel.Now i seem to have bumped into a lot of problems with this kernel.I
dont seem have support for USB-1.0 or I2C on the controller in this
distribution.

	I was wondering where should i kick start my porting effort on a
2.4.X and a 2.6.x kernel, if anyone has any patches for the MPC8270 i would
be much obliged to use the same.

	I am also using a PCI-USB 2.0 on my board.I have seen some nasty
problems in 2.4.X with a EPIA-M board on the USB 2.0 bus , are these issues
relevant in the PPC 2.4.X kernel ? I know that a backport has been done for
the 2.4.X kernel series, but still wanted to check with forum if anyone has
had any problems on the 2.4.X kernel with USB 2.0.

Any pointers on this would be really helpful,

Waiting for a reply,

Thanks in advance,

.Bharath.

	Be warned that typing \fBkillall \fIname\fP may not have the desired
effect on non-Linux systems, especially when done by a privileged user.
-From the killall manual page.
DISCLAIMER
This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies
and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the
individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to
read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer