43p-140 install issues

Ulrich Teichert krypton at ulrich-teichert.org
Wed Jan 5 19:07:20 EST 2005

Hi,

[del]
>Done - no difference. Same message. Written multiple images, multiple
>times on multiple machine. Each one with the same result. At least I'm
>not completely alone, I found this:
>http://wikihip.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/RS6000/KernelTestsOn43P240 exact
>same error.

Perhaps there are two different board revisions of -140's out? I'll check
what's written on the system board when I'm home again today.

>> > I am begining to believe that there is some sort of hardware problem with your
>> > box or it is an upgraded version which was a -140 in it's previous life, but my
>> > -140 is rock solid with Leigh's 2.4.19 kernel - once it's up, that is.
>> > I will leave it running tonight to see what happens,
[del]

Still running fine:

wehrle:~> uname -a
Linux wehrle 2.4.19 #3 Sun Aug 4 08:28:30 BST 2002 ppc unknown
wehrle:~> uptime
 08:58:25 up 13:08,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I did a kernel compile with a parallel scp transfer as well to put the box
under a bit of load before, no issues.

HTH,
Uli
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert at gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Suicide Drive (The Deep Eynde)
24539 Neumuenster, Germany|Public Pervert (Interpol) Clé De Contact (Metal Urbain)