Does this Bug fixed ?

sairam k just4usai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:29:08 EST 2005

1) I used linuxppc_2_4_devel PowerPC development tree source(from
ppc.bkbits.net) to build kernel for PowerPC IBM405EP(evb405ep_defconfig) and
montavista's gcc cross compiler for ppc_405-

2)I gave the following commands..
  make evb405ep_config
  make mrproper
  make clean
  make dep
  make zImage

3) when i gave 'make zImage' command, the compilation stopped abnormally and
gave error that OPB_BASE_START symbol is unknown in file ibm405ep.c
(arch/ppc/platforms/ibm405ep.c)

4) The point in source code where problem is arising is shown below....

  struct ocp_def core_ocp[] __initdata = {
 { .vendor = OCP_VENDOR_IBM,
  .function = OCP_FUNC_OPB,
  .index = 0,
  .paddr = OPB_BASE_START, // UNKOWN SYMBOL
  .irq = OCP_IRQ_NA,
  .pm = OCP_CPM_NA,

Suggestion 1) I fixed this bug by providing the OPB_BASE_START address.
Since the core of ibm405EP is same as that of ibm405Gp & ibm405Gpr, the
OPB_BASE_START address will be same for all.

  So just include the following line in ibm405ep.h
(ie., in arch/ppc/platforms/ibm405ep.h)

 #define OPB_BASE_START 0x40000000

2) After adding the above line, I recompiled the sources again....and this
time it compiled and i am able to work on IBM405Ep board.
(configuration file for IBm405ep is 'evb405ep_defconfig' in configs folder)

Does anyone fixed this bug........if so why it is not reflected in bkbits