PowerPC + SMP

Stuart Yoder stuart.yoder at conformative.com
Wed Apr 27 00:54:10 EST 2005

Thanks Ben.

That raises a question though-- how can I know what assumptions the
kernel makes about the state of the CPU/system when it begins execution?
Is this clearly documented anywhere?

I am using U-boot on my SMP system and U-boot is not SMP aware.  Do you
know of other open source bootloaders for Linux that would set up the
CPUs as the kernel expects.

Thanks,
Stuart Yoder