Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Wed Sep 22 03:03:29 EST 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 7:59 AM, Smith, Craig wrote:

> Genius. That patch appears to work for me as well.

The fact this works indicates a subtle memory management
problem elsewhere.  I don't know what that is at this
point.  This hack is in a piece of generic code that works
properly on all other PowerPC cores, so it isn't going to
ever appear in the public sources.

I suggested this change to a few people hoping the information
would lead them to finding the real problem, not that it
should be perpetuated as a "fix" to make 8xx work.
I don't personally have time to work on this right now,
so anyone using 8xx should be looking for the real
cause and solution, not using this to create products.

Thanks.

	-- Dan