Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Sep 21 04:17:47 EST 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:02:43PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >Note that the old SCC enet driver, in linuxppc-2.5 at least is 'OK'.
> >Not that it couldn't do with a cleanup and netdev person audit, but it's
> >functional enough for me and my rpxlite to mount a root fs.
>
> sorry to jump into this conversation late -- which "2.6.x" source tree
> is being used here?

As I said, linuxppc-2.5 is where the working driver is right now.

> for quite some time, i've just used the linuxppx-2.5 tree at
> ppc.bkbits.net.  but when someone refers to a 2.6.x tree, which one
> specifically is this?  just the latest BK update from www.kernel.org?
> or is this a PPC-specific tree?

The only trees that matter here are linuxppc-2.5 (on ppc.bkbits.net) and
linux-2.6 (on linux.bkbits.net).  Everthing else "2.6.x" is a snapshot
of one form or another of the linux-2.6 tree.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/