Problem with 745x errata in 2.6.8

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Sep 19 20:16:22 EST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 02:37, Ken Moffat wrote:

> > >  Thanks, I'd already found that on google.  First attempt to dump mine
> > > into a printk is building - don't hold your breathe ;-)
> > >

> >  The PVR is 80010201 so it uses the "7455 others" code.
>
> Hrm... I invite you to read the gazillion errata for this chip rev :(

 Are they available online ?  Would I understand them ?

> You should also contact the AmigaOS folks, they might have configured
> something in the northbridge in a way that won't work when the M bit is
> set but there might be a workaround. I suppose their northbridge spec is
> kept behind closed door though, as it is common nowadays :(
>
> Ben.

 Actually, I think it's kept in a locked cupboard in a room labelled
"beware of the leopard", in a basement at the bottom of some broken
stairs.  FWIW, the option biting me is CPU_FTR_NEED_COHERENT - no real
surprises there.

 I'll have another go at trying to talk to them.  Thanks for your

Ken