Problem with 745x errata in 2.6.8

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Sep 19 14:25:08 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 02:37, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >

> > > PVR is the Processor Version Register, indicates which CPU you have
> > >
> > > Ben.
> > >
> >  Thanks, I'd already found that on google.  First attempt to dump mine
> > into a printk is building - don't hold your breathe ;-)
> >

>  The PVR is 80010201 so it uses the "7455 others" code.

Hrm... I invite you to read the gazillion errata for this chip rev :(

You should also contact the AmigaOS folks, they might have configured
something in the northbridge in a way that won't work when the M bit is
set but there might be a workaround. I suppose their northbridge spec is
kept behind closed door though, as it is common nowadays :(

Ben.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>