Creating rootfs

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Tue Oct 12 04:42:40 EST 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Jeff Angielski wrote:

> So how are people creating the rootfs for their embedded target these
> days?  Busybox?  PTX?  Strip down some existing filesystem?

Those are the solutions, choose whatever works best for you.
Some commercial distributions have tools for creating a file
system that meets the requirements of the applications.

> I have an opportunity to start "fresh" with our current rootfs and
> could
> not find anything definitive when google-ing for solutions.

The methods are as you described above.  The results are as
varied as the embedded systems upon which they are used.

	-- Dan