problem on netdevice

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:21:40 EST 2004

>    Sorry for bothering you! But would you please give me a hand.When I insert a Intel Pro/100s server Adapter into the PCI slot on Lite5200(motorola MPC5200 development kit) and start the embedded kernel,the kernel run into a dead lock. (Before that I used 'make xconfig' to enable the e100 driver in kernel)

1. The kernel is not in a deadlock; it's just not able to mount a root
filesystem.

2. As Wolfgang told you in the U-boot mailing list, check if the DHCP
packets actually arrive on the server

# tail -f /var/log/syslog

If you do not check this first; doing anything else is useless.

--
ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul