TEST: Sleep patch #4

Michael Schmitz schmitz at zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 23 19:05:35 EST 2004

> > > http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/albook-ibookg4-sleep-4.diff
> >
> > Sorry for coming late to the party ... the current code works nicely on
> > the 17" PB. On the first boot with that code, I had the PLL freak out (or
> > so it looked like) but I couldn't reproduce that. Needless to say, the
> > new PLL fixup code produces the same dividers as the hardcoded fixup
> > before, so it should work :-)
>
> It reads them from OF at boot. What do you mean by "freak out" ? the
> usual problem with those models where the display gets all fuzzy ? I'm

Yep - the display get totally unreadable, worse than before when the PLL
wouldn't lock properly. When I turned down the backlight (using the
f-keys), it would switch off and not come back up until X had fully
started. Though that might be a bug in pbbuttonsd as well, to be honest (I
turned the backlight off before pbbuttonsd started, perhaps).

> not completely sure what's up, I tend to blame the panel power sequence
> nowadays ...

Anything I can do to test that?

	Michael