TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

Armando Di Cianno fafhrd at gentoo.org
Sun Nov 21 09:31:49 EST 2004

On 2004-11-20 17:22:19 -0500 Benjamin Herrenschmidt

Michel Daenzer wrote:
> Sounds like the offscreen pixmap cache gets corrupted. The usual
> question for this kind of problem: Does
> grep APM /var/log/X{Free86,org}.0.log
> show
> (II) Open APM successful

nephiliah root # grep -i apm /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_PMAC_APM_EMU=y

nephiliah root # grep APM /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) Open APM successful
(II) Open APM successful

Eyeballing the Xorg.0.log doesn't show any apm irregularities.  (I
suspect the second "Open APM..." comes from when I just resumed.)

nephiliah root # ls -l /dev/apm_bios
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root 13 Nov 19 19:57 /dev/apm_bios -> misc/apm_bios
nephiliah root # ls -l /dev/misc/apm_bios
crw-------  1 armando root 10, 134 Dec 31  1969 /dev/misc/apm_bios

Any other info I can offer to help?

__Armando Di Cianno