[YABOOT] Preliminary ofpath with 2.6 kernel support NEEDS TESTING

digger vermont digver at verizon.net
Tue Mar 23 15:55:24 EST 2004

Hello Ethan,
	The new ofpath gives the same dir's for 2.4.25 and 2.6.4.  It works
fine to boot linux and macosx on my powerbook.  I didn't try a cd.  I
never had any problems though and yaboot.conf used /dev/xxx statements
to begin with:

boot=/dev/hda9
device=hd:
partition=11
root=/dev/hda11
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

macosx=/dev/hda16

/proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 667MHz
revision        : 2.1 (pvr 8001 0201)
bogomips        : 665.60
machine         : PowerBook3,4
motherboard     : PowerBook3,4 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 73 (PowerBook Titanium III)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld