Random crashes on snooze

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Thu Mar 18 05:00:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:23:24 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> > But I don't know if there is something missing from the file because of course
> > nothing can be written to the disk at this time...  Does anyone have any other
> > clues?
> >

> Does it improve things if you disable the driver ?

I just disabled the driver last night after emailing the list.  I have not had
it crash yet.  So?  Maybe?  The randomness nature of this has made it
frustrating to determine if what I have done helps.  I have tried disabling
other things and thought "hey that worked!" only to have it crash on the next
sleep!!!  :-(

I got another response which said he had to disable the sound driver on his
Lombard before sleep.  I will continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Ira