DMA support for MPC5xxx?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 3 01:08:07 EST 2004

In message <42A622EB18325843894BB8E1040E3DF5022732 at sinaexchf> you wrote:

> Are MPC5200's IDE UDMA and MDMA have support with the latests changes in bestcomm?

Yes, partially :-(

> As I've read in the list, IDE and DMA were not supported due to bestcomm microcode (http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200403/msg00214.html). Then, there is an announcement about a new API released on april 2004, included in linuxppc_2_4_devel
> cvs module. Does this solve the IDE DMA problem? I'm trying to use it on linuxppc_2_4_devel but doesn't work and I don't know if it's broken or I'm doing something wrong.
> BTW, the target is a Lite5200 board.

IDE DMA works if used alone, but it still causes conflicts  when  the
FEC ethernet driver is enabled, too. Motorola is investigating.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"It takes all sorts of in & out-door schooling to get adapted  to  my
kind of fooling"                                           - R. Frost