gdb problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 28 04:13:56 EST 2004

In message <4016965F.5060706 at gcctech.com> you wrote:

> Problem #1: When I start host side gdb, I get the message:
> warning: unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function
> GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
> and track explicitly loaded dynamic code

You missed to set solib-absolute-prefix - see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/DebuggingApplication#Section_9.5.2.

> The program starts and breakpoint don't work.
>
> Problem #2:  (Maybe related?) on the target side gdbserver, after
> starting things with "c" on the host side, this message appears:
> gdb: error initializing thread_db library.
> gdb: error initializing thread_db library.
>
> Yes, twice.

Well, guess what that means?

> Why is gdbserver on the target having trouble?  I see I have correctly
> delivered the thread_db library in /lib on the target, so what gives?

Probably you have other problems with your build of GDB /  gdbserver.
We had to fix a couple of problems to get thread support working.

> Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I build my toolchain
> with crosstools.

Feel free to try out the GDB / gdbserver that come with the ELDK.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The moral of the story is: "Don't stop to  tighten  your  shoe  laces
during the Olympics 100m finals".
                             - Kevin Jones in <DEJo68.K1t at bri.hp.com>