perfctr-2.6.4 released with PPC32 support

Christian evil at g-house.de
Tue Jan 13 23:50:19 EST 2004

Mikael Pettersson wrote:
|>ppc.c: In function `mcontext_pc':
|>ppc.c:15: error: structure has no member named `regs'
|>make[4]: *** [ppc.o] Error 1
|
| Hmm, must be a glibc or kernel headers version problem.
| I'm running YDL3.0.1 with glibc-2.3.1.

this is debian/unstable with glibc 2.3.2.ds1-10, kernel headers are
*not* under /usr/src/linux/include as one might expect, any way to
specify them with the "make" command? i did not see any hint in the
Makefile how to do this, sorry. but: there is a package named
"linux-kernel-headers" in debian/unstable since a few weeks (?) now. i
have to install it, other -dev packages depend on it, its version is
"2.5.999-test7-bk-14", kinda weird, perhaps this is some bug or so and
hopefully resolved soon by the maintainer.

| What version of glibc do you have? How does it define an
| mcontext_t (struct sigcontext_struct)?

hm, don't know if i picked the one you meant, but
/usr/include/sys/ucontext.h shows:

- -----------------
/* Context to describe whole processor state.  */
typedef struct
{
~        gregset_t gregs;
~        fpregset_t fpregs;
~        vrregset_t vrregs __attribute__((__aligned__(16)));
} mcontext_t;

#else

/* For 64-bit, a machine context is exactly a sigcontext.  */
typedef struct sigcontext mcontext_t;

#endif
- -----------------

| Nothing in dmesg?

/var/log/dmesg is attached (booting a vanilla (!) 2.4.24), but there are
of course no messages during "make"...

no, i was not even aware of using perfctr, but you said testing helps,
and so i did :-)

Thank you for your time,
Christian.

- --