[FYI] linux 2.6 still not working with PReP (ppc32)

Marc Dietrich Marc.Dietrich at ap.physik.uni-giessen.de
Mon Dec 27 00:35:12 EST 2004

Hi all,

I read this thread about booting a PowerStack with newer kernels. Motivated by
this, I tried to compile a 2.6.10 kernel on my machine (with sym53c825a
onboard). Sadly, the scsi controller always timeouts during initialisation. I
had this problem also with the 2.4er kernels, but this was solved in later
versions (I'm running 2.4.21 now). Now the old driver seem to be removed (or
merged with sym53c8xx_2) and is only available to MCA and GSC devices.

I also tried to change the irq routings in prep_pci.c like in the latest patch
with the sym53c8xx_2 driver,
	Slot 12 -> IRQ 15 (sym53c825)
	Slot 15 -> IRQ 11 (dec 21140)
but this didn't helped.

Has anyone a working config file for this machine (PowerStack II 4000/Utah)?

Thanks

Marc