Any hints on custom keyboard driver?

Brad Boyer flar at allandria.com
Fri Apr 16 02:36:01 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:24:53PM +0800, Song Sam wrote:
> My Puzzles:
> 1. Should I use input.o as interactive interface to
> communicate with kernel & user space for convenience?

If you want to use this keyboard for your console, then the easiest
way would be to create an input layer driver. I think USB and ADB
are the only keyboard drivers using the input layer in 2.4, but
just about everything is using it in 2.6.

> 2. Is there any clue on how to code a standard input
> driver?Or any reference in this aspect?

There is some documentation in the kernel source. Take a look at
the stuff in Documentation/input/.

	Brad Boyer
	flar at allandria.com