MPC5200 Patches

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 17 07:33:13 EST 2003

Dear Tom & Dale,

in message <20031112151824.GC31581 at ip68-0-152-218.tc.ph.cox.net> you wrote:

> Can I suggest breaking the trend slightly based on comments people have
> made about 2.5/2.6?  Let's call it CONFIG_PPC_5xxx (and someday fix all
> of the others).

OK, so the discussion has stopped. What's happening now? I  sent  our
stuff.  Dale  has  added some modification. We have more works in the
queue. I think it makes little sense to  continue  without  a  common
code base.

Can you give any estimates when something will go into a public tree,
and what this will be, and which tree?

If there is any reason for you not to use the  "common"  trees  (like
linuxppc_2_4_devel  ?)  yet,  maybe  we  can at least put the current
state into a more dedicated tree like
bk://source.mvista.com/linuxppc_2_4_mgt5100

So that we can at least avoid to duplicate efforts while the work  is
going on?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de