MPC5200 Patches

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Nov 11 08:00:50 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:46:47PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20031110190207.GA12163 at zenos.farnsworth.org> you wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:20:20PM +0000, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
[snip]
> > > For me the main issue is that MPC5200 support makes it into the
> > > official kernel trees as fast as possible.
> >
> > Agreed, with reasonable quality.
>
> It has been my impression that the  strategy  is  to  get  things  in
> quickly, and to fix them later?

As 2.4.23-rc1 just came out, this will not make 2.4.23.  And I suspect
that Marcelo will have a settling out period of at least one week if
there's to be no -rc2 (and I suspect that there'll be at least 2
2.4.24-pre releases before he'd reject something like this).  So we have
a little bit of time to work things out into the best shape that can be
before we submit to Marcelo.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/