Kernel Panic in 2.2.x

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Sat May 31 02:20:50 EST 2003

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 11:11 US/Central, Hawkins Jeffrey-CJH016
wrote:

>> With respect to responses, please don't say go to the 2.4.x Kernel
>> as a solution for the Issue....:)  This is in our plans, but
>> at this time,
>> we are locked into the 2.2 Kernel due to Proprietary Hardware Driver
>> Support.  For the short term, I just want to identify the true root
>> cause (to appease the Management Gods), and to possibly implement
>> a short term fix until we migrate to the 2.4.x or 2.6 Kernel.

Hi Jeff, I know it's important to you, but I would be pretty surprised
if you could interest anyone else with a 2.2 bug. :) You may want to
bring that to your management's attention: by continuing with 2.2,
you'll get little community support, which would otherwise be quite
valuable in situations exactly like this one.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center