uClibc on ppclinux

hn hnmem at 163.com
Thu Mar 13 15:04:47 EST 2003

Hi,all,
     I am building for a ppc860 target using uClibc-0.9.19/gcc-3.2.2/busybox-0.60.5 and has built the compiler wrapper powerpc-uclibc-xxx toolchain.
if busybox built using uClibc shared libraries, kernel could not start init and panic:(
Now it runs well when I build Busybox statically linked against uClibc.
But the problem persists:(
e.g. the following message comes every time I run a application:
	symbol '__mcount_internal' is type R_PPC_REL24
        Compile shared libraries with -fPIC!
The application may continue for I commented the line in uClibc/ldso/ldso/powerpc/elfxxx.c: exit(1):)
Thanks.
Best Regards.
			hn