Question regarding UBOOT.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jul 20 02:29:25 EST 2003

In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0307191918350.12735-100000 at deepesh.india.tejasnetworks.com> you wrote:

>  I have an EP8260 board. I have the u-boot binary. The board comes with a
> boot loader(PlanetCore). I want to load u-boot into RAM and then start
> executing from there. Is this possible? I tried doing this, but the board
> goes for a reset.

If the bianry is all you have then the answer is no, it cannot be done.

If you knoiw exactly what you're doing  you  can  modify  the  U-Boot
source  code  to  behave  like  you  want  - but then you have to ask
yourself _why_ you would want to do that.

My $ 0.02: Install U-Boot. Forget the other bootloader.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.
	-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.7