[patch] ignore trackpad/mouse while typing

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Tue Jan 28 06:16:24 EST 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 22:29, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> > > How about implementing it in mousedev.c?
> >
> > Right, though it would need hooks in kbddev or something to know
> > about keystrokes.
>
> It could accept keyboards as an event source for this purpose. I'd like
> to keep this out of the input core.

Hmm, this reminds me of one feature I would need in the input core to support
1-button mices in userspace (or at least in a totally self-contained module),
namely the ability to register "filters" that are called early in
input_event() and where a return value !=0 lets it return immediately from
input_event() without processing the event.

Eg. something along these lines:

	ret = 0;
        list_for_each_entry(filter, &dev->f_list, d_node)
                if (filter->open)
                        ret |= filter->handler->event(handle, type, code,
value);
	if (ret) return;

Comments?

Franz.