VGA out/External Monitor on ibook 2

Owen Stampflee owen at stampflee.com
Tue Jan 21 05:22:54 EST 2003

> case 1: Monitor connected at boot up
> The external monitor is fine at depth 8, resolution 1024x768-8 at 60Hz.
> Changing the depth (text mode) with fbset makes the font look like the
> wrong depth. It feels like font depth has changed but not the display
> depth. The internal-LCD display stays just fine.

Starting X will screw up the secondary display in this scenario too.

> Has this been solved? If not, how can I help?

Nope. I wrote some tools to dump the Rage128's config registers as well
the PLL but haven't had a chance to actually get dumps.
Anyways, its located at http://www.stampflee.com/r128dump

It would useful for dumps (send them to me, not the list...) booting
with both the scenarios you provided and when booting with
"video=ofonly"

Owen

--
Owen Stampflee - owen at stampflee.com - http://www.stampflee.com
GnuPG Fingerprint: EDE6 48EC 4E65 BE83 D405  B091 B170 8AF0 F875 65E0