Status of linuxppc_2.5

Brad Boyer flar at pants.nu
Thu Jan 9 19:30:21 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:13:40AM +0200, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
> I'm sorry, the patch is just trivial stuff needed
> to get it to compile. I don't even have hardware
> that applies to swim3 driver. I just added the
> include for the header and modified the call
> to ide_unregister to use the new calling convention.
>
> BTW ide_unregister was not exported in linux/ide.h
> and so I added the prototype there. Maybe someone
> should notify the maintainer of the IDE layer that
> since this function is needed by the swim3 driver
> it should be visible in the header?
> Or we should use a new infrastructure?

Is there a reason that the swim3 driver needs something
from the IDE layer? I haven't tried 2.5 on my 7600 yet,
but when I'm compiling a kernel for it, I never include
IDE, since the motherboard doesn't have IDE hardware.
Any machine old enough to use the swim3 driver is slow
enough without any help...

	Brad Boyer
	flar at allandria.com