Status of linuxppc_2.5

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Thu Jan 9 09:15:35 EST 2003

On   8 Jan, this message from Pantelis Antoniou echoed through cyberspace:
> I'm trying to compile linuxppc_2.5
> and the following patch is needed to
> make it compile.

Tried to compile my standard kernel compile a while back, and found the
following things broken (didn't have time to try fixing yet...):

- 53c94 Mac SCSI
- Matroxfb

I also didn't try very hard to compile in face of these problems; there
may be others still.

Sorry I can't provide more info, but maybe this discussion makes ore
people interested in 2.5 status, where I think a number of PPC-related
things need to be seriously looked at, hopefully before it is declared
2.6...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |