RFC: gt64260 descriptor struct

Brian Waite waite at skycomputers.com
Fri Feb 28 05:01:10 EST 2003

Do you have any good pointers besides code on the implementation? I am reading
the code now to figure out how to make it work. On first look I think it will
fit, but I am not sure. I definitely see it as solving a different problem to
what I am trying to solve. Maybe this is due to my naivety on the OCP modle,
but I need to pass through infomation from the FW that is not determinable by
code. MAC addresses, for example are not stored in the GT64260. Instead, they
are either passed on the commandline or passed via PPCBoot. The same goes
with bus speed, the bus speed cannot be determined by any registers on the
gt64260. I need to preserve certain peices of information for uppper level
drivers regardless of if I am using OCP or not. I hope I am missing some on
the details of OCP and I can overcome my problem by using the OCP layer, but
I am not sure yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Brian