RFC: gt64260 descriptor struct

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Fri Feb 28 03:27:01 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:31:27AM -0500, Brian Waite wrote:
> What we need is a global structure for gt code that will describe the features
> of the gt and export that to drivers that need it. What I see right now for
> required elements are:

All peripherals that don't have intelligent discovery mechanisms could
make use of the OCP layer that 4xx uses.  gt64260, mpc10x, etc could
easily follow this same model that provides a standard device info.
discovery interface.  Of course, the OCP stuff in 2_4_devel is due
to be changed to match that of 2.5 is the near future...benh is
working on that.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter