VGA out/External Monitor on ibook 2

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 9 21:44:14 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:59:21AM -0500, Manuj Dhingra wrote:

> 	I know this has been asked before, but I did not come across any
> solutions, so let me appologise if I missed them.
>
> I have a: ibook 2 (white ibook from summer of 2001) 500MHz. It has a ATI
> Rage 128 graphics card which my OF calls ATY,RageM3p29s. The aty128fb
> module is used for video framebuffer, and I can't seem to get VGA mirror
> to work.

I have exactly the same model.

> case 2: Monitor not connected at boot up
> The external monitor is "wavy". I turn the LCD off (m3mirror from benh)
> and play around with timings, resolutions etc. The "waviness" gets more or
> less but I could not find setting to make it stable. BTW, it is true for
> both a CRT and flat-panel. Internal-LCD is fine (at 1024x768).

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour.  It's really annoying because I
cannot use my iBook2 for any of my presentations at conferences... and
I'm really too lazy to carry a second old x86 notebook with me.

> Has this been solved? If not, how can I help?

I'm not aware of any solution :(

--
- Harald Welte / laforge at gnumonks.org               http://www.gnumonks.org/