601 and benh kernels??

Robert E Brose II bob at kunk.jriver.com
Sun Nov 3 16:01:09 EST 2002

I was having a load of trouble on a 7200 (w/601) running as an AMPR
internet gateway on debian woody and finally discovered that if I
used Bens 2.4.20-pre1 kernel as opposed to the debian 2.4.18 kernel
the trouble went away.  (It's using adaptec 2940 and fireport 40
(symbios) scsi controllers as well as a tulip card, I was geting
random resets/timeouts on the fireport 40).

What I'm wondering is: what is the state of the mysterious 601 fixes?
They have at times been a choosable option in the config but
the option was gone in the 2.4.20-pre1 kernel config. Are these
fixes in some kernels and not others?

Thanks,
Bob
--
/~\ The ASCII       | Robert E. Brose II    N0QBJ
\ / Ribbon Campaign | http://www.qbjnet.com/
 X  Help cure       | mailto:bob at qbjnet.com
/ \ HTML Email      | public key at http://www.qbjnet.com/key.html