linuxppc_2_4_devel - Walnut compile

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat May 4 02:42:42 EST 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:06:46PM -0700, Curtis, Allen wrote:

> 1. make menuconfig (xconfig - does not work)
>     and stripped out all of the extra junk

I hopefully just fixed xconfig.  Now I need to talk to Keith Owens to
get the proper fix pushed onto Marcelo.

> 2. linker error - early_serial* symbols undefined
>    modified drivers/char/Makefile - to include serial.c

Turn on CONFIG_SERIAL.  No one has tested any of the 4xx configs w/o
CONFIG_SERIAL, so it's not supprising it didn't work.  I've pushed a few
small things which might help however.

> 3. linker error - serial_close() undefined
>    reviewed the source code in arch/ppc. I believe that I need serial_sicc.c

This is odd.  Where was the linker error?  serial_close() is also in the
bootwrapper stuff.

> 4. Reviewed arch/ppc/config.in and discovered the following

Fix this as well (missing space was the actual problem).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/