linuxppc_2_4_devel - Walnut compile
Allen.Curtis at Thales-IFS.com
Fri May 3 09:06:46 EST 2002
I downloaded and tried to compile an IBM405GP kernel using the Walnut
configuration. Here is the path I have taken. Hopefully someone can take me
the rest of the way home.
1. make menuconfig (xconfig - does not work)
and stripped out all of the extra junk
2. linker error - early_serial* symbols undefined
modified drivers/char/Makefile - to include serial.c
3. linker error - serial_close() undefined
reviewed the source code in arch/ppc. I believe that I need serial_sicc.c
4. Reviewed arch/ppc/config.in and discovered the following
a. Minor error in file was preventing menu "IBM 4xx options --->" from
This is the only place I can find a reference for SICC console support.
This is dependent on 3 conditions. 1) Board is STB03xxx (not in any menus)
2) SERIAL_SICC is true 3) UART0_TTYS1 is true.
b. Removed the platform dependency.
5. serial_sicc.c - does not compile because the only place the symbols are
defined is in ibmstb3.h (guess it is platform dependent)
Obviously my assumption about SICC serial support was wrong. What do I need
to successfully compile and link this platform?
Thanks in advance!
** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/
More information about the Linuxppc-dev