EV-64260-BP & GT64260 bi_recs

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Mar 27 12:35:50 EST 2002

Mark A. Greer <mgreer at mvista.com> wrote:

> [3] tag: BI_STRUCT                      (embedded enet cltr 0)
>     size: 76                            (12 + 3*12 + 25 + 3 == 76)
>     data: BI_DEVICE
>
>     [3.0] tag: BI_DEV_TYPE
>           size: 12
>           data: BI_DEV_EMBEDDED
>
>     [3.1] tag: BI_DEV_CLASS
>           size: 12
>           data: BI_CLASS_ENET
>
>     [3.2] tag: BI_DEV_ID
>           size: 12
>           data: 0                       (1st enet device)
>
>     [3.3] tag: BI_MAC_ADDR
>           size: 25
>           data: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff       (ascii)
>     pad: 3

[Skipped identical structs for the other two ports]

I disagree. I think BI_GT64260_ETH_CFG as I implemented it is better.

Now if you actually implement your way in code and make it work, I'll accept it
even though I dislike it, but if your above proposal remains verbiage, my patch
must be pushed instead. Unimplemented verbiage must not take precedence over
working code.

MS