MPC7455

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Mar 8 03:45:39 EST 2002

Tom Rini wrote:

> I'd think that outside of CONFIG_ALL_PPC (or wherever CHRP/Pmac end up
> in 2.5.x) we don't care what the firmware did.

That's a very good point.  Anything we do inside of the kernel with
cputable/features must be generic to all of the boards we support.  If
there is something unique (which is always the case of embedded boards :-),
that needs to be done in the bootloader before we get to the kernel or
in the board specific setup files for the platform.

	-- Dan