8260 Network Performance update

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se
Thu Jun 6 22:31:05 EST 2002

I don't know if this has any relation to what you do but I have had
serious problems with nfs and 2.4.19-pre versions on X86.
Some combination of kernels have even resulted in a complete nfs failure
for the mount point.

Version 2.4.18 works and 2.4.19_pre10 works also (same version on server
and client) others have gone from lockup to 20-30 kB transfer speed when
going from nfs to nfs. One way transfers usually works ok.

I have not seen any problems with tcp traffic so it probably is
something different.

Hmm are you storing the ftp transfers in nfs ?? try mounting tmpfs and
run from that.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson AB                       Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at etx.ericsson.se